Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Order number: SKF-GK-TAC17
The SKF Glide Kit replaces the original seals and piston rings of the air side cartridge of the SHOWA SSF-Air fork. This fork has many sealing rings installed, which seal all moving parts and thus contribute to the friction value or the so-called breakaway force. 3 out of 6 sealing rings are also exposed to high pressure, which increases the friction many times over. As a result, the SHOWA SSF-Air fork has a significantly greater breakaway force (or "stick-slip") than conventional forks.
With the SKF conversion kit, this breakaway force is significantly reduced, the so-called "stick-slip" effect is minimized. The response is improved, smaller bumps are better absorbed. By means of enclosed video installation instructions (USB stick), the kit is also suitable for end users with mechanical knowledge.
The SKF kit contains the following parts
- 1 x Universal Air Divider piston body ready to install on either Honda or Suzuki/Kawasaki Showa SFF-Air TAC forks
- 1 x Air Divider Piston cap and plastic plug (to be used only if/when installed on Suzuki/Kawasaki design)
- 1 x SKF package containing 2 x SKF Air Divider Piston seals (available separately for later maintenance)
- 1 x Air Cartridge Rod Seal Head assembly (suitable for 2015 and 2016 Showa model years)
- 1 x Oil Damper Rod Seal Head assembly
- 1 x SKF package containing 2 x SKF Dynamic Cartridge Seals (available separately for later maintenance)
- 1 x Assorted spare O-rings set
- 1 x USB Key containing this document and instructional videos